During his presentation, Aguayo explained that the key in interesting someone is using ANSVA: You have to grab the person’s Attention, show them why they Need what you are selling, create Satisfaction through a good product, help them Visualize what your product can do for them, and finally, invite them to take Action.
- Define well your objective
- Create a hook
- Concentrate your conversation on solving a client’s problem
- Connect with the client’s emotions
- Provide value for the client
- Be honest and sincere
- Make an irresistible offer
- Add client testimonials
“You should always believe in your abilities even if you are the only one.”Siempre debes creer en tus habilidades aunque los demás no lo hagan.” – Juan M. Aguayo
Besides giving away your business card, Aguayo has also found it useful to write details about the situation and the person when someone else gives him their business card. That way it’s possible to remember exactly who the person is in the future, and have something to help them remember your meeting when you come into contact again.
- Albert Einstein – His elementary teacher didn’t even think he was smart.
- Michael Jordan – Once, he didn’t make the try-outs of his high school basketball team.
- Walt Disney – He was let go of his job because his work wasn’t “original” enough.
- Steve Jobs – They fired him from his own company.
- Oprah Winfrey – She was told she didn’t have the right “look” for television.
- The Beatles – They were told by a record company that they didn’t have a future in show business.